Thursday, January 31, 2008

Bone Scan

My doctor wants me to have a bone scan.
Now, I had one when I was seeing a rheumatologist about 11 years ago, and I lit up like a Christmas tree. A bone scan is where they inject you with a radioactive dye and then take x-rays. Areas of quick bone regrowth light up, and they can see where you have any problems. 11 years ago, I had 'hot spots' (as they're known) in: my hands and wrists, my shoulders, my hips and sacroiliac joints, my ankles and feet, and my lower legs (the doctor who reviewed the scans said they indicated previous injury... what the?).
My doctor now suggested that the pain in my hips and sacros might actually be referred from my back, so he wants to check it out. My words were "I don't want anything wrong with my back, let's not investigate any further."
I've maintained for a long time that all my ailments are just one big systemic condition - FMS does not quite cover it, so I'll call it 'The Hurties'.

No comments: