Monday, November 12, 2007

Pain Tolerance

I know that FMS can lower your pain tolerance, and I am pretty sure that's why with
the bursitis in my thighs/hips, I am in so much pain at the moment. But I don't
know why the bursitis is so bad. I am sleeping okay, and for a change in the morning
I am (almost) bounding out of bed. Well, I don't need to sit on the edge of the bed for a few minutes before I can walk, like I normally do. I will have to start doing my exercises again, and try to stretch the joint and surrounding area so it's not as painful.
Having said all of that, the general pain I feel all over my body is lessening, and I think I can put it down to losing a bit of weight. We went to the doctor's the other day (when I got the cool painkillers) and I saw a new doctor, who told me that there is growing evidence to support the theory that excess weight can lead to more things that people first thought, including depression and fibromyalgia. It stands to reason then, that if I lose a little more 
weight the FMS should start to get better, and we already know the link between depression and FMS. And it will definitely help the insulin resistance and PCOS, so I am well on my way to being tablet free!

No comments: