Monday, November 19, 2007

Shoes and Achey Feet

Went to the shopping centre today at Parramatta, with the aim of looking in a shoe shop that is reputed to have very comfortable and 'healthy' shoes. The shoes are meant to be good for bad feet, joints, hips etc. Well, for the price tag they'd want to be. They were about $180 a pair. So mum and I turned around and walked right back out again, and we went to the chemist downstairs where I got a lovely pair of Homey Peds for $100. Now, most of the time I put on a pair of shoes and they hurt straight away, so I was very surprised to slip the Homeys on and find there were no sore bits, nothing rubbing, just padded bliss. I am looking forward to my next shopping day with them on, and although my feet will probably burn at some stage, I am sure it won't be as quickly as they normally do. The shoes are a little on the grandmotherly side, but not overly so, and they're comfortable! Joy!

No comments: